Senior Android Engineer
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The MailChimp mobile app empowers our customers to remotely manage subscribers and campaigns. Our award-winning mobile development team is looking for an experienced Android Engineer to be the lead architect on our Atlanta-based team.
MailChimp is growing fast and working on new products to help small businesses grow. Our devs enjoy the camaraderie of a mobile-specific product team. They are curious builders who make a big impact in the SaaS industry. MailChimp embraces creativity and independence across teams—your thoughts and ideas turn into valuable assets for millions of users. There's no red tape, no long release cycles, and no unnecessary processes.
You are an engineer with a creative approach to problem-solving, a comprehensive portfolio of apps, and a strong aptitude for giving and taking direction. You are someone who will embrace and demonstrate MailChimp's values: humility, creativity, and independence. If this sounds like you, and you want a chance to be a part of an award-winning Development team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Be the lead architect and resident expert for the Android platform
- Mentor and grow members of the Android team
- Evolve and maintain standards and practices for the Android code base
- Develop new features for the MailChimp mobile app
- Investigate and resolve defects
- Collaborate with designers in the planning and implementation of new features
- Improve application code for optimum efficiency and performance
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of five years of professional experience developing large-scale, commercial mobile apps on the Android platform
- You have demonstrated mastery of the Android SDK and a depth of experience with common frameworks and design patterns
- You have mastery of continuous integration and deployment practices for mobile
- You can reference apps you have developed in the Google Play store
- You have experience collaborating with Design and Infrastructure teams and mentoring other developers
- You are fluent in Java and have demonstrated experience working with Kotlin
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.