Director of Networking
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s networking group is responsible for all aspects of our production networks. These cover a large, high-bandwidth web application and corporate connectivity between offices and colocation sites. Additionally, the networking group is always looking ahead to allow the company to continue growing at a rapid pace. They work with the rest of the Operations department to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward for our customers.
We are looking for a Director of Networking to join our team. This position will lead, develop, and grow our networking team. MailChimp’s network, and the team that runs it, are a competitive advantage for the company. As the company grows the network must expand and advance to continue enabling product innovation without sacrificing reliability or consistency. This role will be focused on leading an exceptional team of engineers and helping them grow alongside the company.
- Manage, mentor, and develop the MailChimp network engineering and operations teams.
- Participate in planning, staffing, and management meetings, representing the networking side of our technology teams.
- Work with other departments to fully understand needs, issues, and hurdles.
- Continually improve workflows for the networking team and ensure they are integrated with our other planning processes.
- Handle carrier and vendor contracts related to the network.
- Represent networking in regulatory compliance alongside IT, Security, Legal, and HR.
- Contribute to the Operations department as part of its leadership team.
- Collaborate with engineering and executive teams across the company to ensure Ops remains focused on the product and its customers.
- Ensure our teams remain grounded in our company and department mission and vision.
- 10 or more years of experience leading engineering teams focused on infrastructure.
- Broad technical experience that covers many layers of infrastructure and operational practices.
- Comfortable managing and reporting on large budgets and expenditures.
- Knowledge of and exposure to high performance networking environments and the teams necessary to operate them.
- Familiarity with Cisco focused environments. We heavily use Nexus, ASRs, ASAs, and are working on ACI and Tetration for supporting a Kubernetes environment.
- Huge plus: responsibility over teams and networks that specifically supported a large technology product. We operate a network to support 1000s of servers in multiple datacenters focused on serving up a high bandwidth, customer-facing product.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.