Product Manager (Brooklyn)
Department: Product Management
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Our team helps the company understand the people we’re designing for, what motivates them, and where our apps fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We use surveys, interviews, visits, usability tests, and other methods to study people, products, and the marketplace to understand the context in which MailChimp lives. Our research plays a vital role in prioritizing product decisions, guiding feature development, and designing the customer experience.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the team. An ideal candidate listens hard, observes everything, and can skillfully synthesize large amounts of information into actionable insights. They should be an experienced Product Manager who’s comfortable working solo, taking lead on projects, working with strategic partners, and collaborating with MailChimp’s Marketing, Design, and Development teams, among other departments.
- Set the context for product teams and chart a course through the often competing demands of users, marketing, and strategy
- Make scope and schedule tradeoffs that align with the goals of the Product Senior Leadership Team
- Work well with research, design, engineering, marketing, and ancillary teams to build alignment around the goal of a product
- Evaluate and refine the entire customer journey for a product from marketing and onboarding through retention
- Line up future projects for the product roadmap including putting together proposals for the senior leadership team to greenlight
- Work with the research, design, and engineering teams to flesh out and R&D product proposals, giving implementation teams the resources they need to make execution straightforward
- 3 years of experience as a product manager, senior designer, or senior engineer preferred
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.