Software Engineer, Security
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp's Security team maintains the security architecture and handles identifying, investigating, and resolving security events within the MailChimp platform. Team members collaborate with our Operations and Development teams to ensure MailChimp's platform stays healthy and secure and for our users.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineer to join the Security team. Engineers in this role assist in securing the MailChimp platform through building out new security features and patching issues, working on internal tools to detect and report security events, and helping educate fellow employees on best practices around writing secure code. Security Engineers work closely with our in-house Penetration Testers and Security Operations team. Our ideal candidate is an Engineer with an interest in security who has excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Investigate and patch security issues within the MailChimp web application
- Expand security controls and features throughout the MailChimp platform
- Build internal tools that detect, report, and respond to security events
- Educate engineering teams on secure coding best practices
- Collaborate with product teams on building and reviewing new features
- Assist with creating and improving automated security tests
- Spread security awareness and help educate employees on staying vigilant
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: PHP, Go, Python, Ruby, Java, SQL
- Understanding of common web application stacks and patterns: LAMP, LEMP, MVC
- Interest in information security and web application hardening
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to switch between working independently and collaborating with colleagues and across teams
- Prior knowledge of information security principles, OWASP Top 10, and penetration testing a plus
- Experience with common front-end frameworks (React, Vue, Angular) a plus
- Familiarity with Linux- or UNIX-based operating systems a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.