Senior Agile Project Manager
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Project Management team participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle. The Senior Project Manager provides support for MailChimp product development teams to ensure delivery on key product initiatives. Project Managers will need to resolve difficult problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex technology solutions. You will exhibit skill in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. You will be an excellent communicator who thrives on connecting people, facilitating excellent communication, optimizing process and driving improvements.
- Provide project management and facilitation of cross functional team planning
- Facilitate product planning, iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, and gather data from teams to proactively raise prioritization, scheduling tradeoff decisions and escalations with key stakeholders
- Drive people, process, and technology improvement initiatives to optimize product delivery
- Facilitate cross team interactions and remove impediments
- Oversee and ensure all status materials and roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated and completed in a timely fashion and remain well-maintained
- Establish and monitor plans, and ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements
- As the team’s champion, find creative ways to pitch in
- Coordinate as needed with supporting cross departments
- Work on special projects to support Product and Development efforts
- 5+ years experience in project management and/or agile team facilitation
- A demonstrable passion for agile development
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong desire to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, presentation, facilitation and follow-through skills
- Proven track record in risk mitigation and escalation procedures
- Demonstrated use of project management techniques and tools’
- Ability to coordinate cross functional work teams towards task completion
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly and lead others through those changes
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.