VP, Product Marketing
MailChimp inspires millions of brands around the world to develop a meaningful connection with their audience, create brand-building marketing communications across channels from email to ads, and use marketing automations, like retargeting and abandoned cart campaigns, to deliver better business results.
We are searching for a seasoned business leader and product marketing professional to join as a strategic leader of our marketing team. The VP of Product Marketing will work closely with Product Management, Design, and Engineering to drive the success of MailChimp and play a key role in our mission to democratize technology for small businesses. Reporting to the CMO, you will focus on gathering customer and market insights, influencing our strategic product roadmap, and leading go-to-market strategy for our suite of products. You will drive product positioning across key market segments and geographies, leveraging your deep understanding of our nuanced customer base.
Our VP of Product Marketing will be a strong people leader with sterling communication skills and a deep understanding of software as a service, new media, product messaging, and content analytics. You have a proven track record of scaling successful, analytical Marketing organizations and of influencing strategy across large product and marketing organizations. You believe in data-inspired decision making, are up for the challenge of keeping MailChimp weird, and will celebrate our core values of Humility, Independence, and Creativity. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- Develop go-to-market strategy and positioning for MailChimp’s suite of products, collaborating closely with marketing leadership from Brand, Partnerships, Analytics, and Marketing Operations
- Partner with the Design, Product and Engineering leaders to manage and launch targeted offerings to key customer segments
- Lead marketing investments and messaging across all touchpoints, including close coordination with Marketing Operations and Content teams
- Create and maintain core metrics for the Product Marketing organization, sharing learnings and progress with Senior Leadership
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to develop the strategic and operational framework that will help meet and exceed MailChimp’s growth initiatives
- Provide guidance to our highly talented, experienced team of product marketers on best practices and foster an environment of professional development and learning
- Gather and communicate internal customer data, consumer insights, industry trends and competitive developments to influence product and marketing initiatives
- Extensive senior product marketing experience leading a top performing, customer-value focused, analytical marketing organization
- Proven ability to leverage business priorities, product priorities, and company mission to provide strategic and tactical leadership in a cross-functional technology company
- Demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and retaining a high-performing team of product marketing professionals
- Fluent, subject matter expert in SaaS marketing, with knowledge on how to leverage marketing investments cross the digital spectrum of social media, ad networks, media buying, and owned channels
- Proven track record of identifying, establishing, and improving core marketing performance metrics and experience testing and experimenting to measure progress against goals
- Experience in vendor selection and vendor management for marketing, media, and analytics related projects
- Global campaign management and experience with content and product localization a plus
- Creative communication skills, both written and verbal. Multilingual experience or fluency beyond English a plus.
- Passionate about empowering small businesses
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.