Senior Digital Analyst
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We’re looking for a Senior Digital Analyst to join the Marketing Optimization team, a new team working to optimize the customer journey by employing a process of continuous analysis and experimentation. You will be responsible for producing meaningful analytics to inform the optimization process. You’re a skilled collaborator who’s able to work across departments and disciplines. You can communicate the value of data-driven optimization to other departments. The ideal candidate will have experience in similar marketing optimization, product analytics, or growth analytics role with strong technical and analytical abilities.
As a part of the Marketing Optimization team, the work you do will have high visibility, as we quickly turn insights into action and drive change on the marketing site and within the MailChimp product.
- Work with key stakeholders in Product and Marketing teams to translate the needs of the business into actionable analytics that inform optimization strategy and tests to help meet the goals of the business
- Create and maintain reporting and dashboards to track key marketing and customer experience metrics across multiple properties leveraging SQL, Google BigQuery, and Google Data Studio; monitor for changes in trends, share insights and make recommendations
- Develop solutions for automating reporting
- Measure the performance of A/B and Multivariate tests, summarize results and make recommendations for future optimizations
- Analyze website, application and mobile app behavior and performance metrics to identify opportunities for optimization efforts
- Partner with Marketing Analytics team to identify and resolve any Google Analytics tagging issues or other missing data issues
- Provide regular updates and generate quantitative results from marketing optimization investments
- Extensive experience in an analytics focused role
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business or mathematics a plus)
- An ability to translate business objectives into measurable goals and KPIs
- Can translate analytics into business insights and effectively communicate the relevance of data to key stakeholders
- Proficient in SQL, R/Python, Web Analytics, Excel
- Proficiency in wrangling and transforming data
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools
- Expertise with web analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics (certification preferred)
- Experience working with Google BigQuery a plus
- Experience with statistical methods such as regression and hypothesis testing
- Experience with A/B testing tools such as Optimizely/VWO is a plus
- Proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and create actionable insights
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.