Principal Security Engineer
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp cares deeply about security and has dedicated, skilled security staff across several teams. We build security awareness into our processes and it is a fundamental part of company-wide training. We are constantly striving to build security into every system and product we produce while responding fiercely to all security threats against the company.
Are you seeking a dynamic position in security where you will positively impact both your peers and MailChimp customers? If so, you might be the right person to fill the Principal Security Engineer role on our team. Our approach to security is a competitive advantage; as the company continues to grow those efforts require additional coordination and alignment with company strategy.
You will contribute directly to our security capabilities while also fitting our various security roadmaps and initiatives into an overall company posture. You can communicate effectively both upwards to our management team and across our engineering team. You love helping others balance the need to be secure with being pragmatic about getting features released to our customers. You prefer using tried and true technologies to solve interesting new problems, but you know that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate.
- Responsible for our overall company security posture and strategy.
- Ensure the projects supporting that posture are planned for and completed.
- Participate in engineering, management, and executive planning, ensuring roadmaps and projects support the overall security strategy for the company.
- Track and ensure completion of broader security projects that span multiple teams.
- Mentor and train others.
- Contribute to engineering work, research, and investigation.
- Work with other Principal and Staff Engineers to set the technical direction of the company.
- Work with our security teams to guide their roadmaps and ensure all are aligned into company strategy.
- Serve as a high level incident commander, connecting teams and resources, during security-related research and events.
- Assist with regulatory compliance and help ensure all related processes, documentation, and controls are followed and maintained rigorously.
- Maintain and work with high level contacts in industry, academia, and law enforcement.
- Significant senior level experience in the security industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to organize complicated, technical projects.
- An extreme attention to detail and a role model for high standards.
- Deep hands on technical expertise around building and maintaining secure products and companies.
- Broad knowledge of techniques, tooling, threat models, and products spanning all aspects of security at a technology company including high end network and carrier considerations.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.