Senior Director, Product Design
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp Design is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team comprised of product, UX, visual, content and motion designers. We work with just about every team from product to brand to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like MailChimp.
We are looking for a passionate and influential leader to join our team as the Senior Director of Product Design. In this position, you will lead collaboration efforts between multiple departments and Product Design for our digital, mobile and online products, including visual, interactive and copy. As a leader in our design family, you will also have experience implementing design process within mid to large size organizations and you thrive on building and leading creative product design teams. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges, cultivating transparency and guiding design approaches. You’re highly collaborative and comfortable leading design critiques as well as working cross-functionally with other leaders. With proven success in strategy and development of agency and in house organizations, you are a true advocate of design culture. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Actively lead Product Design Managers by providing guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team
- Set expectations, and help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture
- Elevate our design thinking and champion it across the organization
- Ensure team establishes and maintains appropriate rigor around workflows and processes that support efficiency and quality goals that scale
- Work closely with other Design Directors to advance patterns and standards as well as finalize timelines and deliverables and encourage collaboration
- Work strategically and collaboratively with cross-functional leaders throughout the organization
- Work with the managers to ensure exceptional design deliverables; set and exceed best practices and standards, measurable impacts, and design integrity in the final product
- Motivate the team to create designs that constantly push boundaries to keep MailChimp at the forefront of UX design
- Manage team’s visibility, documentation and process tools
- Extensive product design and UX experience, with a strong background aligning creative teams within a unified customer experience
- Prior experience leading design managers and large teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience on teams designing for web and mobile
- Previous agency and in house experience desired
- Bachelor degree in relevant field highly preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- Ability to embrace change and hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.