Studio Design Manager
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp Design is a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional team comprised of product, UX, visual, motion designers, photographers and content strategists. We work with just about every team from product to brand to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like MailChimp.
The MailChimp Studio Design team is a creative collective with a diverse range of design skills. We sit at the intersection of multiple design teams and also work cross-functionally to deliver brand defining creative experiences.
Our Studio team is seeking a strategic leader who will help ensure the studio runs effectively and efficiently. In this position, you will have the opportunity to help us build and shape the Studio team, as well as develop operational processes. You will also influence how we collaborate with both internal teams and production vendors. As the team’s leader, you have broad oversight of the work in the studio (end to end understanding of production and post in multiple disciplines such as photography, videography, motion, editing and/or illustration).
- Partner with Brand Design leaders to clarify objectives, establish priorities and define parameters for successful creative development
- Create and execute operational process for studio team
- Staff creatives to marketing campaigns, internal requests, and asset development and production
- Manage the creative development process, including: reviewing briefs; establishing timelines; critiquing creative; scheduling and guiding stakeholder presentations
- Provide management, mentorship and leadership to a growing team
- Recognize, celebrate, and advocate for outstanding creative that serves business objectives while unifying and advancing the MailChimp brand
- Prior experience and skills managing creatives in a studio environment, including management of people, equipment, contracts, production budgets, creative assignments and creative review.
- Strong project management and operational skills, including process improvement
- Ability to work with a variety of cross functional leaders and creatives to support and advocate for great work that aligns with the MailChimp brand
- Ability to manage multiple projects, remain open and flexible, collaborate and manage ambiguity while driving clarity
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.