Employee Benefits Administrator
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The HR and Benefits team is a dynamic group that serves MailChimp’s 800-plus employees. Our team is apart of the larger culture team and is passionate about supporting our employees and thinking of ways to improve processes that will scale as the organization continues to grow! We are looking for a Benefits Administrator who will coordinate and administer all aspects for our Leaves of Absence and accommodations under FMLA, state leave laws, and short-term disability for employees while providing instruction, guidance, and excellent customer service to employees, leaders, and HR business partners. This position is also responsible for the day-to-day administration and communication of our generous employee benefit programs. If this sounds like you, and you’d like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we’d love to hear from you!
- Reports to the Benefits Manager and works closely with the benefits team in supporting the company in all aspects of employee benefits with a primary focus on leave administration.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Assists with the management of the Parental Leave Program
- Administers the tuition reimbursement program.
- Handle employee workers compensation inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution. Act as a liaison between employee and insurance carrier claims office.
- Partners with vendors, brokers, payroll, finance and other internal and external partners to ensure efficient and customer-focused benefits administration.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Ensures employee privacy, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive employee reports or information
- Communicates provisions of benefit packages through new hire orientations and annual policy renewal meetings
- Provides support for all aspects during annual open enrollment
- Assist with onboarding new hires and processing terminations
- Communicates and collaborates on projects and processes within the HR and Benefits team, and with teams throughout the company
- Specializes in human resources at the professional level, and carries out responsibilities in benefits, administering and advising employees and management on the interpretation of benefit policies, programs, and procedures
- Assists with maintaining Workday database (employee changes, benefit updates, etc.)
- Audits and approves relevant HRIS workflows
- Invoice reconciliation for benefit vendors
- ACA Compliance (1094/1095) reporting in Workday
- Assists with annual compliance notifications
- 3 or more years’ HR experience in an administrative or support function with leave administration preferred
- 3 or more years experience working with HRIS systems, Workday is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, supporting both internal and external customers.
- Able to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of all pertinent and ongoing federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, affecting employee benefit programs, include ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers compensation, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements
- Must maintain complete confidentiality at all times
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.