Senior Manager, Customer Success
Department: VIP Relations
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Client Relations team within our Support department uses a consultative mindset to help customers plan their marketing strategy, deploy new channels, measure success, and position MailChimp an indispensable resource. Our team employs collaborative problem-solving, surfacing the best ideas, innovations, integrations, and capabilities to match the customers’ business goals. We share a commitment to delivering the best possible experiences to drive adoption, growth, and customer loyalty. We connect with key influencers and power users regularly to evaluate the strength of our business relationship, dig for pain points, gather and document product feedback, act as a product advocate, and relay important communications directly to our customers. We partner with Support Product Analysts and Research to round out the voice of the customer internally.
We’re looking for an experienced, personable leader passionate about customer success, with a proven track record for accelerating customers’ technology adoption, minimizing churn and growing accounts. You understand the intersection of Support, Training, Marketing, and Professional Services. You are an expert at quickly establishing relationships with customers virtually and in person, managing a team, and have a strong desire to build in-depth knowledge of customers, product capabilities, and extensive domain expertise to develop strategies. You actively seek out cross-functional partnerships with other departments, especially Marketing, Research, Support, and Product teams to share insightful conclusions from customer interactions, and create connections between customers and our brand. Our team loves helping SMBs grow their business. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Aid team in developing individual success plans to ensure adoption, expansion and loyalty of customers
- Manage and prioritize Client Relations team response strategy
- Improve our engagement model through process adjustments
- Communicate “voice of the customer” feedback, and customer stories with cross-functional teams to help drive product growth
- Identify usage patterns and trends in adoption and utilization for customer business reviews
- Craft insight-driven strategies to capitalize on opportunities for areas of growth and propose appropriate offerings
- Identify customers for case studies and media opportunities
- Utilize strong understanding of SMB’s needs in conjunction with MailChimp’s solutions to adapt product recommendations to suit customer needs
- Conduct employee performance reviews, create development plans, provide mentoring and training, and deliver ongoing performance feedback to direct reports
- Develop additional training and learning programs for the team as needed
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of MailChimp
- Previous management experience leading and developing Success/CX/Growth teams
- Proven customer success, account management, consulting and/or sales experience
- Experience with account portfolio planning and prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions to continuously improve performance, and solve problems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; polished presenter
- Skill in juggling multiple projects
- Attention to detail, follow-through, and accountability
- Self-starter who combines a high level of creativity and initiative with strong organizational skills
- Some travel required (up to 35%)
Bonus points for
- HTML/CSS experience
- Experience working with self-service SaaS solutions
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of market and competitive landscape
- Working knowledge of MailChimp’s features
- Zendesk experience
- Being multilingual in one or more major European languages
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.