Growth Analytics Intern Fall 2018
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The MailChimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 5 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the MailChimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! If you are a current student, we want to hear from you!
Start Date: August 13, 2018
Application Deadline: June 27, 2018
Our fall internship has flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the full of week of onboarding, August 13th - August 17th.
We’re looking for an intern who wants to use statistics and data analytics to better understand the customer and the customer experience. You’re also interested in learning about marketing and user experience - you know the best analytics happens when qualitative and quantitative research are combined. You’re a team player who loves to learn and can communicate analytics and statistics to other analysts and non-technical audiences.
What you'll do:
Participate in the experimentation process on the Growth team including:
- Research/Analytics: Use data to answer questions about MailChimp users and find opportunities to improve the customer experience. Deepen your knowledge of analytics tools such as Google Analytics, SQL, and Excel.
- Work with the Growth team to design an experiment to test how we might improve MailChimp for our users. Form a test plan with a hypothesis & sample size. Learn about how to apply the scientific process at MailChimp.
- Analyze results from the experiment. Use your knowledge of statistics and A/B testing to evaluate the results of an experiment. Analyze the data collected during the experiment and evaluate whether the hypothesis was confirmed or rejected.
- Communicating results and findings from your analysis with the team. Visualize the data from your results and put together a presentation to share your findings with the Growth team.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Part of S.T.E.M program in school such as Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Research, Information Systems, Engineering or Business
- Familiar with statistical concepts such as A/B and MVT Testing, p-values, sample sizes, and normal distributions
- Some experience working with data using SQL, Excel, R, SAS, or Python
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to distill, translate, and communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to develop strong collaborative partnerships with business stakeholders
- Familiarity with behavioral economics, design of experiments, or marketing is a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.