Test Engineer Intern Fall 2018
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The MailChimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 5 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the MailChimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! If you are a current student. we want to hear from you!
Start Date: August 13, 2018
Application Deadline: June 27, 2018
Our fall internship has flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the full of week of onboarding, August 13th - August 17th.
The MailChimp QA team is looking for a Test Engineer Intern to help drive innovation of our automated testing technology. As an intern, you will work directly with a team of Test Engineers and QA Analysts to identify areas in which we can improve the testing process and technology. You will assist with writing automated test scripts and implement testing as a part of the continuous integration pipeline.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with QA Analysts and Test Engineers
- Collaborate on building out capabilities of the QA Mobile Laboratory
- Work to build large data sets based on user research and user data
- Build data visualizations for large test result data sets
You’ll bring with you:
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to collaborate within and across departments and teams
- Values independence and the ability to take ownership of work
- A familiarity with code, preferably, but not exclusively Ruby, PHP
- A familiarity with object oriented programing concepts
- Resourcefulness and a willingness to seek out information
- Humility and a willing to learn new things
- An attraction to exploration and curiosity
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.