Senior Network Engineer
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s networking group is responsible for all aspects of our production networks. These cover a large, high-bandwidth web application and corporate connectivity between offices and colocation sites. Additionally, the networking group is always looking ahead to allow the company to continue growing at a rapid pace. They work with the rest of the Operations department to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward for our customers.
We are seeking a high-level network engineer that would serve as a subject matter expert in network security. The focus of the role is to lead the charge in advancing the perimeter network security direction here at MailChimp. The ideal candidate will have a solid network foundation to support the ability to form a complete security approach. They should be able to work within large groups cross functionally to encourage high levels of collaboration that take the concerns of both the product and the other Operations teams into account.
You will play a pivotal role in the design and implementation of our security strategy to ensure we maintain a cutting edge security posture. The role will be split between tasking associated with maintaining and enhancing the standing security systems and working on projects to deploy new security capabilities while remaining focused on providing the best product for our customers and embody MailChimp’s core values of humility, creativity, and independence.
- Experience leading large network security projects supporting device refresh, upgrades and architectural overhauls.
- Experience leading the implementation and maintenance of security tools, solutions, process, and policies to ensure an acceptable level of security and further improvement.
- Assist in creating and maintain network security documentation.
- The ability to ensure firewall policies and configurations are within PCI standards and participate in audits.
- Experience with Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Experience with building, maintaining and troubleshooting VPN tunnels.
- Proficient understanding and experience enforcing best practice concepts such as firewall configurations, access-lists, vulnerabilities, upgrades and role based access controls.
- Solid understanding of routing and switching
- Experience with SolarWinds, SkyBox or Tufin, and Cisco ISE a plus.
- Basic penetration testing ability to ensure network equipment is secure, not running undesired services, admin access accounts are secure and proper logging/alerting is in place.
- Track and correct any applicable information security deficiencies, conditions, weaknesses, findings, and gaps identified by audits, reviews, security control assessments, and tests.
- Help provide security guidance and assist in driving infrastructure decisions in collaboration with other technical teams, ensuring security principles are being upheld and no violations of Security Policy is taking place.
- Collaborate with other security professionals to align the business strategic security strategy.
- Engage in ongoing research of emerging trends and new technologies which may benefit the project goal of strategically implementing technology to enhance or solve project problems.
- Conduct in-depth technical reviews of new and existing IT systems in order to identify the appropriate mitigation strategies required to bring these systems into compliance with established policy and industry guidelines.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.