Senior Product Manager (Brooklyn)
Department: Product Management
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
As a Senior Product Manager you will own a product portfolio composed of products owned by several Product Managers that tackle a specific customer problem. This is the key role that “connects the dots” across the full customer journey in partnership with Marketing, Research, Design and Engineering and Support. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives customer experience and brand goals. This full-time opportunity is based in Brooklyn.
- Develop holistic strategy across a portfolio of products that ensures a frictionless customer experience, resulting in a focused product roadmap solving for a key customer problem
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics for product portfolio and review with Product Managers
- Owns product portfolio backlog; partner with product managers within the portfolio to regularly groom backlogs
- Partner with Research to analyze competitive set aligned to portfolio; develop deep knowledge of customer needs along with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape for small businesses
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Growth teams to identify audiences and release strategy to drive product adoption
- Regularly review portfolio roadmap progress with the Senior Leadership Team to build consensus on portfolio priorities
- Monitor all products post-launch, recommending further optimization or course correction
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- Extensive experience in a product-related function, developing and delivering against a product roadmap
- Advanced experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- Capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer needs and successfully collaborating across the organization to achieve strategy goals.
- Manage the needs of multiple segments and develop strategic product plans across or within segments
- Excellent at verbal and written communicating with a wide range of teams and stakeholders, including C-level executives
- Expert analytical skills with the ability to clearly and accurately communicate data insights
- Strong attention to detail including proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.