MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Penetration Testing team is an internal red team that focuses on identifying weaknesses in the MailChimp platform and network. The team members collaborate across many departments such as Operations and Development to ensure the company stays secure.
We are looking for an experienced Penetration Tester to join the Security team. Penetration testers have multiple tasks at MailChimp, including performing internal and external network penetration tests, source code reviews, social engineering, and various vulnerability assessments. The penetration team also works closely with our internal security engineers and security operations teams to give suggestions for patching, retesting, and performing red/blue team scenarios.
- Work closely with development teams to pentest new features within the MailChimp application
- Perform internal and external penetration testing
- Build and execute social engineering assessments
- Collaborate with various MailChimp teams on security best practices, creating risk scenarios, and threat modeling
- Assist with creating and improving automated security tests
- Spread security awareness and help educate employees on staying vigilant
- At least 2 years of security experience
- Some scripting/programming knowledge (PHP, Ruby, Python, Go, SQL etc)
- Network and Web Protocols (TCP, UDP, DNS, ICMP, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of security principles and testing methodologies. (OWASP Top 10)
- Expertise using various penetration testing tools (Burp Suite, Nmap, Metasploit, Empire, etc)
- Ability to manage and prioritize many tasks at a time
- Ability to focus and meet project deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Bonus Points for:
- Mobile application testing experience
- OSCP Certification or other reputable Information Security certification
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.