Group Product Manager
Department: Product Management
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
As a Group Product Manager you will be responsible for the development and coaching of a team of Product Managers along with ownership of a product portfolio. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives customer experience and brand goals. This full-time opportunity is based in Atlanta, GA.
- Lead a team of Product Managers on delivering requirements, supervising team members’ delivery and execution throughout the product delivery lifecycle
- Create and foster career development goals for team in alignment with company, product and personal growth objectives
- Be a point of escalation and prioritization for team, assessing implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources and mitigating or pivoting accordingly
- Mentor Associate Product Managers on the tenets of product management and data analysis
- Develop product portfolio roadmap, championing product vision and strategy with executive leadership and key stakeholders in Marketing, Design and Engineering
- Partner with Research to analyze competitive landscape and understand customer needs; align with Product Marketing and Growth teams to, identifying target audiences and release strategies to drive product adoption
- Regularly groom product backlog across portfolio, identifying priorities for product team
- Identify portfolio KPIs monitoring performance for opportunities to maximize performance or for course correction
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- Extensive experience in a product-related function with responsibility for creating and delivering against a product roadmap within a SCRUM/Agile/Lean framework
- Required experience mentoring or directly managing junior roles
- Capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer needs of multiple segments
- Adept at collaboration with peers, subordinates and superiors across the organization to plan and achieve strategy goals
- Effectively communicate (both verbally and written) with multiple groups, including C-level executives
- Expert analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate data insights
- Leads by example; excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on relationship development and mentorship
- Strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.