Design Manager, Product Marketing
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, and portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like MailChimp.
We’re looking for a creative Design Manager with a solid understanding of design process within mid to large size organizations to lead our Product Marketing Design team. In this role, you will be leading a team of designers that increase feature awareness through the marketing lifecycle as well as collaborating with our .com and product design efforts. You love being plugged into the customer journey and obsess over building a cohesive digital experience. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges and cultivating transparency You’re highly collaborative and comfortable leading design critiques. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Actively manage digital and interactive designers and provide guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team
- Set expectations and help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture
- Lead and mentor team through helping to set career goals, weekly 1:1 with team members and guiding through daily challenges
- Manage team’s visibility, documentation and process tools
- Work closely with marketing managers to advance patterns and standards as well as finalize timelines and deliverables
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional design deliverables; set and exceed best practices and standards, measurable impacts, and design integrity in the final product
- Collaborate with other design managers on product and experience consistency
- Motivate the team to create designs that constantly push boundaries to keep MailChimp at the forefront of UX and digital design
- Oversee project timelines and deliverables, guide production pipeline and communicate evolving project goals
- Prior experience as a designer yourself
- Previous experience managing creative design teams
- Strong background with leading marketing design and product awareness initiatives
- Knowledge of UX principles and Design Thinking
- Bachelor degree in relevant field preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- Ability to embrace change and hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.