Senior Technical Writer, API
Department: Support Ops
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Our Technical Content team within our Customer Support team is made up of writers and content strategists who maintain our public knowledge base. We share a love for learning and a passion for helping our users succeed by simplifying complex concepts or instructions in an easy-to-understand way. We collaborate with many teams across MailChimp to create exceptional documentation so our users can do their best work. We are a creative and quirky bunch, and we never turn down good pizza.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer specialized in API to join our team. You are a skilled, empathetic technical writer who can research and interpret complex concepts. You are driven to problem solve and care deeply about helping others and providing a great customer experience. Building lasting relationships with your coworkers, you bring a diverse perspective to our fast-paced (and sometimes slightly weird) workplace. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Extract pertinent information from product team members and/or application source code
- Write and maintain documentation for users and/or programmers, developers, and system architects and designers
- Use API specification standard tool, Swagger, to generate documentation
- Collaborate with product team members and other technical writers
- Test and research MailChimp’s new app features
- Conduct content audits and help maintain developer documentation
- Identify user needs using data and feedback
- Strong experience in instructional or technical writing
- Solid foundation in the principles of computer programming, API design and testing, and software architecture
- Ability to read programing languages (PHP)
- Experience prioritizing, starting, and managing projects independently
- Comfortable working on new, changing, and fast-paced projects
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.