MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Our marketing team helps drive the MailChimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. The product marketing content team is responsible for educating our users to become savvier marketers, ensuring they adopt new features and get the most value out of the platform. We work with teams around the company to deliver great experiences for current and prospective customers.
We're looking for a copywriter to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate comes from a background in copywriting or journalism, has proven experience writing about a wide variety of topics, and is always up for a new challenge. You should be passionate about MailChimp and constantly looking for opportunities to grow and learn. This is a great opportunity to shape the experience our customers have with the MailChimp brand.
What you'll do:
- Write and edit product-focused content that fills a strategic need, with a focus on short-form copy: ad copy, social posts, emails, interface content, and other assets
- Collaborate with designers to identify user needs and map content to key touchpoints
- Work with content strategists and other writers to brainstorm, edit, and punch up each other’s copy
- Partner with our growth team to test messaging and language, and to improve the performance of content over time
- Work with multiple teams to understand our customer’s strategic challenges
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have strong, high quality professional writing experience
- You have experience working on complex projects with cross-functional teams
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Video storyboarding and scripting expertise a plus
- Experience working in a product-focused environment a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.