Network Engineering Manager
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Our networking engineering team works with our senior staff engineer to design, implement, and document network infrastructure that covers a large, high-bandwidth web application, corporate connectivity between offices and colocation sites. Additionally, the networking engineering team is always looking ahead to allow the company to continue growing at a rapid pace. They work with the rest of the Operations department to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward for our customers.
We are looking for a Network Engineering Manager to join our team. This position will lead, and develop our networking engineering team. MailChimp's network is a competitive advantage for the company. As the company grows the network must expand & advance to continue enabling product innovation without sacrificing reliability or consistency. This role will be focused on leading an exceptional team of engineers and helping them grow alongside the company.
- Lead and track multiple projects within Network Engineering as well as ensuring larger cross department projects have resources from Network Engineering as needed.
- Work with other groups to understand needs, issues and hurdles.
- Align Network Engineering goals with company strategy.
- Set expectations, and help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture as well and mentor and grow your team.
- Continually improve workflows for the network engineering team and ensure they are integrated with our other planning processes.
- Create and maintain relationships with team members within and outside of Network Engineering grounded in trust, understanding and helpfulness.
- Remove barriers for team members to enable them to work efficiently.
- Work with Network Director, Network Architect and Network Operations Manager to set and align overall Network strategic direction and goals.
- Experience leading large engineering teams, with highly varied responsibilities and priorities, at an established tech product company
- Commitment to growing an engaged, motivated, and healthy culture.
- Broad technical experience in Network Engineering and Network Security Engineering.
- Knowledge of and exposure to high performance networking environments and the teams necessary to operate them.
- Familiarity with Cisco focused environments. We heavily use Nexus, ASRs, ASAs, Palo Alto and are working on ACI & Tetration for supporting a Kubernetes environment.
- Huge plus: responsibility over teams & networks that specifically supported a large technology product. We operate a network to support 1000s of servers in multiple datacenters and cloud environments focused on serving up a high bandwidth, customer-facing product.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.