Senior Growth Analyst
Department: Product Management
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Growth team at MailChimp uses data-driven experimentation to help MailChimp users get more value out of our products and drive toward achieving our company goals. You will be responsible for producing meaningful analytics to inform the growth process and serve as the subjecting matter expect in all matters related to A/B and MVT test analysis for the growth product team. You’re a skilled collaborator who’s able to work across departments and disciplines. You can communicate the value of data-driven experimentation to other cross functional team members. The ideal candidate will have experience in similar marketing optimization, product analytics, or growth analytics role with strong technical and analytical abilities.
As a part of the Growth team, the work you do will have high visibility, as we quickly turn insights into action and drive change on MailChimp.com and within the MailChimp product. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Translate customer and business needs into actionable analytics that inform Growth strategy and generate test ideas to help meet the goals of the business; Independently act on your recommendations and deliver key insights to the team
- Partner with qualitative research to work on better understanding the customer journey, provide quantitative insights that help inform the customer journey, and work together to complete analysis and generate test ideas
- Be a subject matter expert within cross functional Growth Product team, including upholding best practices around A/B testing and educating others on key concepts such as sample size estimation, confidence intervals, and statistical significance
- Take ideas put forward by the team and create a hypothesis that captures what the team is trying to learn, has clear and measurable KPIs, and can be tested in a reasonable amount of time
- Provide regular updates and generate quantitative results to show how the Growth team is making progress towards their team’s KPI/North Star Metric
- Create and maintain automated reporting and dashboards to track key marketing and customer experience metrics across multiple properties leveraging SQL, Google BigQuery, and Google Data Studio; monitor for changes in trends, share insights and make recommendations
- Create requirements for data tracking needs to ensure the hypothesis can be accurately measured and reported on at the end of a test
- Extensive experience in an analytics focused role, product analytics experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in A/B testing analytics and best practices, experience with Optimizely is a plus
- Expertise in SQL, Web Analytics, Excel - R/Python is a plus
- Proficiency in wrangling and transforming data
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools
- Expertise with web analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics (certification preferred)
- Experience working with Google BigQuery a plus
- Experience with statistical methods such as regression and hypothesis testing
- Proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and create actionable insights
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.