Senior Manager of Content Acquisition
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We inspire millions of brands around the world to develop a meaningful connection with their audience, create brand-building marketing communications across channels from email to ads, and use marketing automations, like retargeting and abandoned cart campaigns, to deliver better business results.
We’re looking for a Sr. Manager of Content Acquisition to join our team. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with—and we love a good sense of humor, too. If you are an excellent communicator and collaborator who likes to work independently as well as in team settings, keep reading!
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to find and develop great creative content that will further enhance MailChimp's customer experience. You'll be developing a wide range of content ranging from series to podcasts. You will report to the Director of Brand Marketing and be responsible for sourcing great projects, deal negotiation and production development.
What you'll do here:
- Source, evaluate and develop high quality content that will engage our customers
- Cultivate relationships in an effort to find new talent and projects
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments, production)
- Track competitive trends and analyze performance
We'd love to hear from you if :
- You have an extensive background in sourcing and developing content
- You have experience in and the ability to read scripts, and give creative feedback to production partners to increase the value of the shows
- You have extensive knowledge of the creative community, and have solid relationships including directors, writers, designers, and studios
- You've demonstrated an ability to work cross functionally
- You have excellent project and time management skills
- You are highly experienced using G Suite apps or Microsoft Office (Excel)
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- At least 5 years of work experience in development and/or production development
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.