IT System Administrator
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The IT Systems Administrator is part of the MailChimp Technology team inside Engineering, and the entire company is our customer. IT helps shape the technology foundation and user experience for Mailchimp employees everywhere. We take ownership when IT systems fail, and we never turn away a call for help.
Our ideal candidate will combine deep technical skills and excellent communication who happily approaches challenges with humor and creativity. We are looking for an enthusiastic and effective collaborator, eager to work across the organization. If you’ve broken down a technical project into discrete tasks, identified project stakeholders, and implemented that project to successful completion – Let's talk!
What you’ll do
- Primary responsibIlity will be the planning, implementation, and support of Mailchimp’s enterprise systems; developing automation, efficiency, and maintainability in all of them in order to meet business objectives and delight Mailchimp employees.
- As a systems administrator, you will be expected to follow engineering best practices such as deploying stable systems, maintaining documentation, and outlining support guidelines for more junior team members.
- Process improvement and review – from system provisioning, to enforcing device policies and configuration profiles, every part of our IT systems and processes are in scope for improvement.
- Mentoring is a huge part of the philosophy at Mailchimp – in humility, you’re empowered to identify teachable moments to develop the skills of your peers and team.
- Serve as a Tier 3 escalation point for our IT Tech Support Analyst team.
We’d love to hear from you if...
- Hands-on experience with deploying and managing computer and software systems in an enterprise environment.
- Have strong competency in planning, prioritization and implementation of technical projects.
- Pick a language! Experience with scripting in either bash, python, or powershell.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills – you will need to write detailed, accurate, and clear documentation – as well as provide mentoring to colleagues.
- Have worked with or similar core technologies/applications:
- Okta, Duo, Jamf Pro, G-Suite Enterprise, LastPass, and other business software systems.
- Managed macOS, Linux, and ChromeOS computers across multiple offices.
- Directory Services: Active Directory or LDAP.
- IP networks, troubleshooting tools, and managing an enterprise (multi-VLAN, 802.1X authenticated) network.
Nice, but not required - still apply!
- Familiarity with Active Directory advanced trouble isolation and maintenance – particularly, log analysis, event diagnostics, updates and security patches.
- Experience configuring and administering Linux and/or ChromeOS.
- Comfortable working with APIs – using API calls for systems integration.
- Any Cloud will do! Experience working in Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services environments.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.