Research Intern Spring 2019
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The MailChimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 5 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the MailChimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: January 7, 2019
Our Spring internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the full of week of onboarding, January 7, 2019 - January 11, 2019. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF.
Our Research team helps the company understand the people we’re designing for, what motivates them, and where our apps fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We use surveys, interviews, visits, competitor analysis, and other methods to learn about people, products, and the marketplace. We use this research to prioritize product decisions, inform business strategy, guide feature design, and influence the customer experience. People at MailChimp ask a lot of questions, and we have answers!
This intern will collaborate with Researchers across our team, and their findings will help inform product development, marketing strategy, and general understanding of MailChimp’s users and competitors.
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- A good listener
- Resourceful and able to hunt down information and evaluate sources for quality
- Keenly observant and able to synthesize information from multiple sources to tell a cohesive narrative
- Organized, thorough, and can keep track of a lot of information
- Able to write in a concise and compelling manner
- Excellent at collaboration
- Humble, curious, and willing to learn
- Bonus points for any of the following:
- Corporate strategy, marketing, economics, or finance background
- Experience with market sizing analysis or peer benchmarking
- Experience conducting customer or stakeholder interviews
- Working with data in Excel and Google Sheets
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.