Junior Systems Engineer (Telemetry)
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Operations team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Development, Marketing, and Data Research teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward. We take a pragmatic and practical approach to our stacks; we use proven components and build our own logic and complexity on top of well understood building blocks. We are growing fast and need people who can help advance our infrastructure to deal with the needs of today and tomorrow.
We are seeking an individual would be part of the Systems Engineering team with a focus on maintaining and improving our instrumentation, telemetry, monitoring and alerting infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have operational Linux experience supporting web based services with an interest on providing visibility, anomaly detection, and alerting services.
- Support Mailchimp’s monitoring environment, comprised of Zabbix, Sensu, Prometheus, Graphite, Collectd, and Statsd.
- Help design, implement, configure, document, and support all monitoring technologies that we utilize.
- Assist in developing, implement and support an evolving centralized alerting platform that can ingest alerts from disparate monitoring systems and perform any notifications via e-mail, PagerDuty, JIRA, and HipChat.
- Write bash, python, and/or go software to integrate different monitoring technologies together.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of standards for metrics collection, dashboards, and alerts.
- Some experience administering and supporting open source monitoring technologies
- General Linux support
- Scripting and coding (python, bash, go)
Bonus points for
- Experience with Puppet profiles, roles, and other patterns needed for large scale configuration management implementations.
- Building systems with configuration management tools.
- Familiarity with other infrastructure pieces of our stacks (nginx, mysql, redis, distributed Java apps like kafka/es).
- Experience with technical documentation and/or technical customer support.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.