MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 14 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp's Quality Assurance team works closely with the Product and Ops teams to help make sure we're delivering useful, working tools with every release. Analysts test new features and updates to MailChimp's products with an eye toward user experience, catching bugs and experimenting with how features can be used in real-world settings. We'e looking for someone with a passion for investigation to join the team as Testing Manager.
This role will foster technical and professional development of a team of QA Analysts while advocating for testing practices throughout the company. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, skilled manager, highly diplomatic, process-oriented, and always on the lookout for new approaches to both testing and leadership. This role has a significant impact on the health of the MailChimp product as well as the success of testing within the company.
- Manage direct reports’ day-to-day, helping them juggle multiple projects and manage their time on short- and long-term projects
- Support direct reports' long-term career development, helping them build their skills as testers
- Foster an environment of cross-team collaboration where questions are welcome and success is celebrated
- Advocate for QA's early involvement in development projects and help make early involvement successful
- Regularly meet with QA Managers, Development Managers, and Researchers to share information and collaborate on how to improve development and testing practices
- Research user stories and business cases, and use that information in testing frameworks and approaches
- Develop technical education programs and workshops for weekly team meetings
- Organize team communications, outings, and projects
- Assist with hiring new QA team members
- Five or more years of total testing experience
- Three or more years of leadership experience
- Experience with interviewing and hiring, and a proven track record of effective performance management and coaching
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong research skills, including ability to understand user experience and fit it into testing
- Ability to balance app stability with the need to release features quickly
- Ability to adapt priorities on the fly based on emerging needs for users and development
- Proficiency in Google Apps or Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in JIRA, Confluence, or similar ticking systems
- Familiarity with browser based development tools and GitHub
- Bonus points for:
- Management experience at an SAAS company and/or large scale messaging platform
- Experience with reporting tools or technologies
- Experience testing mobile applications and integrating automation tests writing with manual exploration
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.