Department: Product Management
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Project Management team participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Project Managers facilitate communication, organization, and flow of the MailChimp application development process. We resolve difficult problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who thrives on connecting people, facilitating excellent communication and optimizing process.
- Assist in facilitation of cross functional quarterly planning
- Participate in cross functional quarterly planning; specifying objectives, milestones, dependencies and risks with project teams
- Create a comprehensive framework for enabling your team throughout the execution cycle; mitigating risks, removing obstacles, following up on dependencies and assisting in areas where cross functional communication feels lacking
- Provide weekly status updates to ensure project state is consistent and clear across the organization
- Facilitate problem solving and escalations to minimize schedule risk
- Facilitate schedule or scope changes to plans as they arise ensuring surprise element is eliminated
- As the team’s champion, find creative ways to pitch in
- Coordinate as needed with supporting cross departments
- Work on special projects to support Product and Development efforts
- Five years of Project Management experience in an agile environment
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills that are effective with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, presentation, facilitation and follow-through skills
- Proven track record in risk mitigation and escalation procedures
- Demonstrated use of project management techniques and tools
- Ability to coordinate cross functional work teams towards task completion
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly and lead others through those changes
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.