Director of Mobile Engineering
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp's Mobile Engineering team builds native iOS and Android applications, installed by over 750,000 small businesses across the globe with 250,000 monthly active users. Mobile is a significant part of our current focus and plays a vital role in our future strategy.
We’re looking for a Director of Mobile Engineering to grow and lead the team and help shape the future of MailChimp Mobile. Our ideal candidate will have experience building and leading mobile engineering teams working on multiple platforms, and a strong understanding of the growth opportunities for products in mobile, including international and low-bandwidth environments.
- Position the Mobile Engineers within the broader the Engineering team
- Actively manage Engineers working on cross-functional product teams
- Define processes to deliver high-quality mobile experiences to MailChimp users
- Create and monitor goals and metrics for the Mobile team and Mobile products
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of 9 mobile engineers and 2 managers
- Coordinate best practices and initiatives with leadership in Engineering, QA, and Operations to continue advancing MailChimp's mobile applications
- Three or more years experience leading engineering managers and teams
- Experience with delivering high-quality mobile applications with heavy use on multiple platforms (including iOS and Android)
- Expertise in mobile technology and the ecosystems around mobile technology, specifically iOS development environments (Swift and Objective-C) and Android (Java)
- Solid grasp of web technologies and best practices with SAAS products and APIs
- Ability to take a high-level executive strategy and demonstrate an ability to execute that strategy for an engineering team
- Bonus points for being engaged in the mobile engineering community
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.