Senior Marketing Manager, Email
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 14 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Marketing team helps drive the MailChimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. Our Marketing Operations team helps to support the entire marketing organization and helps to ensure company and organizational goals are being met on a continual basis.
We're looking for a hands on Senior Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate has managed global large-scale email databases and has extensive knowledge of targeting and segmentation strategies. You’re an excellent communicator who is well versed in current and emerging email best practices. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a number of team members to implement email programs and campaigns that target folks from all over the world.
- Help define the email touch point strategy cross-functionally
- Serve as a subject matter expert for email and lead nurturing email programs, advising Brand marketers on how to develop behavior-driven campaigns that meet business objectives and brand goals
- Develop and execute transactional, demand generation, and lead nurturing email programs
- Collaborate with various team members on asset and copy creation
- Recommend targeting and segmentation strategies for all email programs and campaigns
- Work with the Product, Education and Brand Marketing teams to build a comprehensive email strategy to meet goals
- Develop and maintain an ongoing email calendar
- Work with outside agencies and strategic partners as needed
- Implement testing methodologies (e.g., multivariate or A/B testing) within all elements of email marketing to improve conversion rates
- Understand the MailChimp brand and the value to our end-users, translating that into email strategies and programs
- Lead a team of experienced email professionals - attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing team members
- Develop benchmarks and KPIs for measuring program effectiveness
- Analyze program and campaign effectiveness and change as needed to maximize results
- Provide ongoing reporting and analytics on program/campaign performance and to leadership
- Work with email developers and designers to ensure brand guidelines are continuously followed
- Ensure email programs and content resonate and fit target segments
- Ongoing management of large email database
- Work with Data Science and Operations teams in building ongoing and appropriate data flows
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Related field (Master’s Degree is preferred)
- 8+ years of digital marketing experience with 3+ years experience in email
- 2+ years experience managing teams
- Experience in multichannel campaign design and execution, lead nurturing, and marketing database management
- Experience managing email service providers and marketing automation platforms; MailChimp is preferred
- Experience in the B2B space
- Experience working with large and global email databases
- Experience with complex segmenting/targeting strategies
- Exceptional communication and prioritization skills
- Thorough understanding of country compliance requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing, high growth environment
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility
Bonus Points for
- Global experience
- Experience in the technology space
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.