Director of Platform Operations
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 14 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Our Marketing team helps drive the MailChimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. Within the Marketing team, our Platform Operations team is responsible for building, executing, and maintaining successful relationships and product integrations between MailChimp and our many strategic partners including Shopify, Facebook, and Magento.
We’re looking for a Director of Platform Operations to join the team and manage its ongoing success. This role will help grow and develop the Platforms Operations team, and will also collaborate with teams throughout the company in order to continually improve the experience of MailChimp customers and partners through strategic integrations and partnerships. Our ideal candidate is an effective manager and skilled collaborator who’s able to empower their direct reports and effectively work across departments and disciplines.
- Grow and manage the Platforms Operations team, hiring new team members and developing current ones
- Develop benchmarks for success and ensure the Platform Operations team is equipped with tools and resources needed to meet them
- Manage the day-to-day operations of MailChimp’s partner integrations
- Manage the third-party teams that develop, build, and support MailChimp integrations
- Collaborate with Support team to manage support escalation for MailChimp partners
- Continually seek opportunities for enhancing current integrations and building relationships for future partnerships Work with MailChimp's Researchers and Data Scientists to gather customer insights
- Funnel projects for platform and product enhancements to Product Management team
- Work with the Marketing Operations Team and external partners to monitor and manage social media postings and online reviews for MailChimp integrations
- Five or more years of experience as an Integrations Manager, Network Operations Manager, Partner Support manager, etc., ideally at a SaaS company
- Experience effectively managing multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and back again
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Current relationships with MailChimp's present strategic partners
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.