MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 14 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Accounting team at MailChimp is responsible for all accounting and financial operations for MailChimp. We're looking for an Internal Auditor to join the team.
This role will serve as a leader within the Accounting team and MailChimp at large, driving organizational change and guiding the business into a successful, secure future. They'll be responsible for developing and documenting important accounting policies and processes, educating process owners on the importance of controls and effective control environments. Our ideal candidate is a process-oriented thinker and skilled communicator who's able to effectively communicate complex information to individuals with and without a finance background.
- Assess operations and the control environment to identify potential areas of improvement
- Develop and document accounting policy and processes, building flowcharts in Visio and documenting narratives
- Test controls for various processes
- Assist in developing formal risk assessment
- Perform internal audits on various vendors, such as payroll, purchasing, and fixed assets
- Draft technical accounting memos as requested for internal documentation or as supporting documentation for an external audit
- Work across departments to improve reporting of effort for research and development, tracking those hours and coordinating with consultant team to report
- Assist in system implementations for various accounting processes and configuration of application controls
- Assist in developing policies for security, data management, and fraud prevention
- Two or more years of internal audit, IT audit, or public accounting experience (technology industry is preferred)
- Master’s of Accounting required, CPA preferred
- Experience in Visio and Excel
- Experience testing controls and documenting walkthroughs and narratives
- Experience with system implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with a customer service focus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.