Fixed Asset Accountant
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 14 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Accounting team at MailChimp is responsible for all accounting and financial operations for MailChimp. We’re looking for a Fixed Assets Accountant to join the team.
In addition to day-to-day accounting responsibilities, this role will also help create and implement best practice processes from start to finish. Our ideal candidate has a strong accounting background and excellent collaboration. They should be organized, detail-oriented, and a top-notch communicator.
- Recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible)
- Tracking existing fixed assets in multiple locations
- Recording monthly depreciation
- Accounting for the disposition of fixed assets
- Preparing property tax returns and account reconciliations
- 3+ years of Fixed Asset Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a customer service focus
- Skilled in writing and implementing processes
- Ability to work and collaborate with all levels of employees and management to maximize performance
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Bonus Points for:
- Experience in NetSuite and Mac OS
- Experience at a tech company with servers owned and in colocation
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.