UX Research Manager
Department: Product Management
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 14 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The MailChimp Research team helps the company understand the people we're designing for, what motivates them, and where our apps fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We’re organized into three core specializations—Competitor, Customer, and UX Research—and we use surveys, interviews, customer visits, usability tests, and other methods to study small businesses, our products, and the marketplace. Our research plays a vital role in prioritizing product decisions, guiding feature development, and designing the customer experience.
We’re looking for a UX Research Manager to lead a group of UX Researchers that work with cross-functional product teams as they plan, design, build, deploy, and refine MailChimp products and features.
The ideal candidate can demonstrate strong competencies in user and product research methods, as well as experience leading a small team of researchers. They can balance competing priorities, adjust to shifting timelines, and synthesize large amounts of information into actionable insights—and they should be able to guide their team to do the same. They must be a highly skilled communicator, can work diplomatically across teams, and enjoy teaching and mentoring.
- Manage, mentor, and develop the abilities of a team of 5+ UX Researchers who work with cross-functional product teams
- Coordinate with the Sr. Research Manager and Product Managers to set UX Research team priorities and maintain flow of research projects
- Guide researchers on the design and execution of quantitative and qualitative research studies (including interviews, surveys, usability tests, card sorting, etc)
- Review, critique, and edit research deliverables (summaries, reports, slide decks, etc.).
- Ensure researchers are working effectively with individual product teams
- Support the growth and development of the larger MailChimp Research team (which, in addition to the UX Research team, includes Competitor and Customer Research)
- Collaborate with the Customer Research team on user behavior, pain points, and needs and the Competitor Research team on competitor research and industry trends
- 3-5 years research experience—mastery in product and user research methods is a must
- 2+ years management experience
- Experience working in software (preferably at a company that serves small-to-medium size businesses)
- Strong collaboration skills—our researchers work with colleagues from all corners of the MailChimp universe (primarily Design, Development, and Marketing)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills are an absolute must
- Must be able to synthesize and translate research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering company and product goals
- International research experience is a plus
- Bonus points for fluency in multiple languages
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.