Marketing Associate, Digital Media
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Marketing team helps drive the MailChimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. Our Marketing Operations team helps to support the entire marketing organization and helps to ensure company and organizational goals are being met on a continual basis.
We're looking for a seasoned Marketing Associate, Digital Media to join our team. The ideal candidate is an advertising generalist has managed large-scale digital campaigns across display, social, programmatic and video channels, but has also had experience with other non-digital media channels like print, OOH and TV. You’re an excellent communicator and self-starter who is well versed in current and emerging digital marketing and advertising best practices. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic team and a leading global media agency to implement advertising programs and campaigns that grow MailChimp’s customer base all over the world.
- Collaborate with marketing operations senior manager to develop and execute MailChimp’s overall advertising strategy
- Work with the Marketing Leadership Team to secure necessary campaign approvals
- Recommend targeting and segmentation strategies for all advertising programs
- Develop digital campaign briefs for upcoming campaigns for outside agencies
- Work with the Segment, Education and Brand Marketing teams to ensure campaign messaging aligns with customer journey
- Understand the MailChimp brand and the value to our end-users, infusing that into all advertising programs and campaigns
- Maintain day-to-day contact with outside media agency
- Measure efficacy of display, social, programmatic and video advertising campaigns
- Review agency reporting, making recommendations and optimizations when necessary
- Assist with ongoing reporting and analytics on program and campaign performance
- Collaborate with marketing analyst to develop benchmarks and KPIs for measuring program effectiveness
- Implement testing methodologies within all elements of advertising to improve conversion rates
- Ongoing management of always-on retargeting and programmatic campaigns
- Coordinate with internal Design team and external creative agencies to ensure assets are developed to spec, on time and in line with MailChimp’s brand guidelines.
- Traffic creative assets to agency and publisher partners
- Work with web operations team to ensure advertising and analytics tags are implemented properly
- Coordinate with Accounting to reconcile campaign reporting and billing
- Stay informed of the latest trends in digital marketing, particularly with regards to ad tech
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of digital marketing experience
- 2+ years experience working with an outside agency (client or agency side)
- Extensive experience with DoubleClick Campaign Manager and the entire Google advertising and analytics suite (AdWords, Google Display Network, Gmail Sponsored Promotions, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter advertising platforms
- Proficient with Google’s G Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience evaluating site direct advertising proposals
- Experience with programmatic advertising
- Exceptional communication and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, high growth environment
- Deep familiarity with the MailChimp brand and design standards
- Occasional travel may be required
Bonus Points for
- Global advertising or marketing experience
- Experience in the technology, software or B2B space
- Experience with print, OOH and television advertising
- Experience working with a data management platform (DMP)
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.