Systems Engineering Manager
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Operations team is responsible for infrastructure and tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the services in our datacenters. Team members work closely with our Development, Marketing, and Data teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward.
We are seeking an experienced manager who would be part of the Systems Engineering team and help guide our nimble and bright engineers. We take a innovative, pragmatic and practical approach to our technology stacks and approach our business practices in a similar manner. We are growing fast and need leaders who can help advance our people in their technical efforts of today and tomorrow.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background with engineering led companies balanced with experience in growing and motivating engineers.
- Enable engineers to help deliver infrastructure solutions to support product management initiatives to market as fast as possible.
- Communicating with Ops project management and external teams to make sure projects are being tracked appropriately and blockers are addressed.
- Collaborate with engineers to help define their career path through challenging technical growth opportunities.
- Identify, track and resolve blockers to work/project completion pertinent to direct reports.
- Helping engineers balancing the toil of maintenance with the innovation needed to move our infrastructure forward.
- Continually explore innovative business practices and determine fit for team and company.
- Develop and participate in cross-functional teams that focus on company wide initiatives.
- Participate in periodic feedback sessions to bolster performance and annual reviews.
- Supporting the team by being a strong advocate for them internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring new members for the Systems Engineering team
- 2+ years of leading teams in solving challenging technical problems.
- 2+ years of technical experience in production Linux environments.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.