Director of Product Engineering
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We are looking for a dynamic and strong leader to join as our Director of Product Engineering and to help us build and inspire the direction of the MailChimp application. You’ll oversee our product–development teams and our customer–service team to resolve issues as they arise.
Our ideal candidate will have experience building and leading engineering teams working on multiple platforms.
- Evolve our technology and teams to helps create business value by enabling work processes, operating efficiencies and technology enhancements
- Define processes to deliver high-quality experiences to MailChimp users
- Be an active and product partner with leadership and management of cross-functional teams
- Serve as a trusted advisor to leadership teams, by providing thought leadership, compelling communications and superb execution
- Meet regularly, actively manage, develop, mentor and inspire key software engineers, engineering managers, and technical leads to meet business objectives and strengthen the various engineering teams
- Set high but reachable team goals, clearly communicate those goals to employees and then instill the team with a sense of purpose and urgency in attaining those goals
- Invest in, encourage, and grow the engineering and technical leadership strengths in MailChimp
- Develop and help lead strategy around technology support and software development for MailChimp’s growing user base
- Experience with SaaS technologies and systems
- Ability to speak with architects about technical design trade-offs including platforms, frameworks, scalability and performance
- Experience working across and inspiring diverse teams toward a common objective
- Experience successfully managing a team of managers
- A proven track record of managing successful high-capacity, large-scale projects/architectures
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate across multiple teams including design and infrastructure
- Comfortable recruiting, onboarding, and retaining a team of very bright, experienced engineers on projects and at scale unlike any other they've encountered
- Solid grasp of web technologies and best practices with SAAS products and APIs
- Ability to take a high-level executive strategy and demonstrate an ability to execute that strategy for an engineering team
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.