MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp Design is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team comprised of product, web, UX, visual, and motion designers. We work with just about every internal department from Product to Brand to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like MailChimp.
We're looking for a Web Designer. An ideal candidate is a designer/coder who uses front-end markup to create beautiful experiences for the web. Candidate should also be an excellent communicator and collaborator who likes to work independently as well as in team settings. MailChimp values creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with—and we love a good sense of humor, too.
- Translate creative briefs into design assets and systems that meet business goals
- Execute web projects in compliance with brand standards
- Design and markup content in-browser using HTML and CSS
- Create responsive page design layouts for desktops and mobile browsers
- Collaborate with writers, developers, and project managers to deliver beautiful, functional web pages, templates and email designs
- Deliver design assets and systems that meet business goals as defined by project leadership
- Utilize design systems and pattern libraries
- Mentorship to Junior Web Designers
- Proven track record of professional web design experience
- Exceptional front-end development skills hand-coding CSS, HTML
- Solid typography and composition skills
- Experience with design prototyping tools (Invision, Framer, etc)
- Knowledge of user experience principles and information architecture a plus
- Online portfolio of work demonstrating technical and design capabilities
- Ability to think through design problems and arrive at elegant solutions
- Ability to both give and take direction
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of design systems and interaction principles
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.