MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Data Science team builds applications that make sense of the data created by MailChimp’s millions of users. By using predictive analytics and big data technologies we help MailChimp fight spam and empower small businesses with information. We work closely with MailChimp’s Development and Operations teams to make analytical insights actionable within our infrastructure.
MailChimp is looking for a Data Scientist to help our data science team’s research efforts. You’ll work alongside software engineers by trialing analyses and training predictive models on our data that will eventually become internal services. You'll touch hundreds of terabytes of data along the way in all manner of datastores: MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Redis and more.
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, experienced data scientist who believes in demonstrating how data can be used to help our customers. You're not necessarily an expert programmer, but you know your way around an editor or command shell. You love new challenges, but you're skeptical of the new hotness. You’ve run analyses using various tools, but you're partial to Python. Communication and cross-validation are tools you use every day.
- Help to identify opportunities for feedback loops in MailChimp data systems
- Work to mitigate bias in MailChimp data systems
- Inform, influence, and support software engineers working on backend analytical APIs
- Work to develop analytical techniques for our predictive models as well as improve existing ones using Python’s scientific computing stack
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- 2+ years experience working on data science projects or applications
- Experience in database systems (SQL or NoSQL)
- Development experience in a scientific programming language (Python, R, Matlab, Julia)
- Understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
- Ability to communicate methods and results of analyses
- Prefer advanced degree in quantitative or technical field
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.