Director of Ops Architecture
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Operations team is responsible for infrastructure and tooling, as well as provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the services in our datacenters. Team members work closely with our Development, Marketing, and Data teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward.
We are looking for a Director of Ops Architecture join our team. This position will help guide and develop the future architecture that supports our department and the company. As MailChimp continues to grow we have to evolve our approach to stay ahead of the needs of the business and support our growth in a sustainable way. This team focuses on the core platform components of our infrastructure while helping to support and guide our existing approaches. They will be responsible for leading the architecture team in a way that makes them and the rest of the company more effective, improves our capabilities, and reduces toil.
- Manage, mentor, and develop the Ops architecture engineering team
- Work with project managers and product managers to represent the future architecture direction in our processes and roadmap
- Contribute to the broader Operations department as part of its leadership team
- Collaborate with engineering and executive teams across the company to ensure Ops remains focused on the company and its customers
- Five or more years of experience leading large engineering teams focused on infrastructure
- Experience managing and leading senior engineers in a way that allows them to focus on tackling hard problems
- Broad technical experience that covers many layers of operations (datacenter operations through development and application support)
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.