Mobile Product Designer
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp Design is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team comprised of product, UX, visual, and motion designers. We work with just about every team from product to brand to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like MailChimp.
The Product Design team is part of the larger MailChimp Design department made up of multi-disciplined designers, thinkers, explorers and tinkerers dedicated to bringing a shared vision to life. Product Designers sit at the intersection of design, product management, and engineering working closely with product owners, engineering team leads, research, data science, marketing and editorial to arrive at elegant solutions for our users.
We’re looking for a creative Product Designer with a solid understanding of native mobile interactions and design principles. You’re obsessed with mobile apps, constantly downloading the latest ones. Your apps serve or solve a business need and you know how to work with complex data sets. You’re open to exploring new design concepts, but have a deep understanding of Material Design and current iOS patterns. You’re highly collaborative and comfortable giving and receiving design critiques. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Solid intuition and demonstration of visual design principles and tools used in interaction design
- Some experience taking idea from concept to mature vision with solid understanding of how web and mobile products are built.
- Collaborates with design peers across product, engineering and marketing teams to build concept consensus
- Creates interaction models, workflows, screen designs, and visual details that resonate with the MailChimp user
- A portfolio containing published apps you’ve designed
- Proficiency in design tools including Sketch (or willingness to learn)
- Understanding of mobile interface transitions and animations
- Deep knowledge of Google Material Design or Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with prototyping tools (Invision, Principle, Framer.js, etc...)
- Understanding of Android Studio or XCode environment
- Experience submitting apps via Google Play Developer Console or iTunesConnect
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.