Office Operations Coordinator
Department: Office Management
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Office Management team is the oil that keeps the MailChimp engine running, and, in many ways, the glue that binds it together. We exist to provide the best customer service possible to our coworkers, and we care for the office and our peers like family members. Our job is to maintain a work environment that helps keep those working on MailChimp’s core business focused on the success of the company. We try to remove every possible work day distraction and efficiently provide everyone with lots of good caffeine, snacks, medicine, fun, and silliness. As a customer service team, we strive for continuous improvement as we find ways to inject each of MailChimp’s Core Values (Humility, Creativity, and Independence) into our daily tasks. We’re a very active team, perpetually on the move and making sure everything is running smoothly throughout the office. We are MailChimp’s public face, interacting with everyone that walks through our front door - from guests, to vendors, to coworkers. We’re a small team (4 ppl) and very tight knit. This means we have a lot of fun, but we’re all also close team players.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is a people person but who is also a hard worker. Being a service-minded self-starter is crucial for this role. This person should thrive on the challenge of coordinating people and office materials, with an innate ability to multitask. They should be able to juggle several tasks at once, while also being able to assess and prioritize critical tasks. As our team is so small, and every person makes a big impact on the team dynamics, it’s important for an individual to be empathetic and kind and a team player.
- Managing catering orders for company wide and/or individual department lunches
- Sitting at front desk
- Monitoring and restocking snacks around the office
- Ordering and restocking office supplies
- Shipping & receiving mail/packages
- Receiving guests/vendors
- Organizing and setting up catered events (like creative snack days) for the entire company
- Handle any after hours events (this involves catering, setup, etc..)
- Customer service mindset
- Excels in a fast paced working environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to work with office vendors and caterers
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures/tools
- Knowledge of Google Calendars, Gmail
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Highly preferred to have prior food, retail, or other customer-facing service environment experience
- Highly preferred to have some kind of front desk/security experience
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.