Marketing Associate, Email Marketing
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp's Marketing team makes a meaningful impact on millions of people and businesses around the world. Employing the products we build in our own marketing strategy helps us educate, inform, and improve the experience for each of our users.
We're looking for a seasoned email marketer to join our Marketing Operations team. This Email Marketing Associate will use email and marketing automation to guide our customers and help them grow. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of technology, specifically in the SaaS industry, and can think both creatively and analytically to deliver relevant messaging. Someone who can carefully craft a one-time notice to 10 million people or a triggered series to 100 with equal attention to detail.
- Plan and execute email marketing communication to MailChimp's 15 million users
- Work with writers, designers, and marketing managers to build email marketing campaigns
- Manage calendar and oversee email process from initial approach through analysis
- Balance marketing and transactional content across individual platforms
- Administer multivariate tests surrounding text, visuals, and customer data to improve campaign effectiveness
- Employ custom automation workflows to deliver highly targeted messaging based on user profile and lifecycle
- Define and follow key metrics to extract new insight and evaluate results
- Write brief marketing copy and adjust template code as needed
- Serve as power user of MailChimp application and provide continual feedback to product and research teams
- Extensive experience with the MailChimp application (or comparable email marketing software), specifically within campaign creation and list management
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS, including responsive design across both desktop and mobile email clients
- Familiarity with CAN-SPAM, CASL, and deliverability best practices
- Comfortable collaborating as well as working independently
Preferred Skills or Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience, 2+ specifically in email marketing
- Understanding of technology, e-commerce, and marketing automation
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills
- Experience collaborating across teams
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.