Junior Facility Operations Technician
Department: Office Management & Facilities
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Facility Operations department is comprised of mostly project-centric roles with a strong focus on supporting all the other departments. Our goal is to provide the best working environment possible for our fellow employees. Great communication, collaboration and forethought are essential to the department’s success.
The ideal candidate is someone that loves to fix things and has an eye for detail. Assembling something from Ikea or hanging a whiteboard should be a piece of cake. We’re looking for a process-oriented person who knows how to use basic tools (hand tools, drill, impact driver, hammer, screwdrivers, level, etc.).
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that the facility systems operate efficiently and that physical conditions of the building are in good shape
- Do maintenance tasks like carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical repairs to keep the building operational
- Help with employee moves and setups (offices, desks, chairs, furniture, etc.)
- Occasional after-hours calls for emergency repairs
- 1-2 years experience in a job in a related field where similar skills are used
- Proficient with the tools of the job and knowledgeable about how to safely handle tools and equipment when working with dangerous electrical and plumbing systems
- The capacity to lift at least 40lbs
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.