MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 600 million emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We’re seeking an experienced software engineer to help us build and support MailChimp products. We have a PHP codebase like no other, and our application stack includes Linux, MySQL, Postgres, Puppet, Elasticsearch, Redis, and Kafka. We use a variety of hosting services around the world in AWS as well as in MailChimp’s own Colocation facilities.
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, experienced programmer who enjoys the trade-offs and complexities involved in implementing new features in a mature codebase. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you’re aware that your job isn’t done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with support, ops, and other teams to keep applications healthy and users happy. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems, but you’re aware that favoring older technologies doesn’t imply letting your skillset stagnate. You’ve broken production environments—and then buckled down and fixed them. You’re comfortable using git in a continuous integration environment, and you’re not afraid to dig into configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef.
We allow for flexible hours and some telecommute options, but you need to be in the Atlanta office most days. We’re willing to help you with relocation! We don’t care about pedigree or what languages or stacks you’ve worked in, we’re just looking for great engineers. In fact, if you’d rather send us code than polish up your resumé, that works for us.
- 3+ years experience in a software development environment, preferably building distributed server products
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- A portfolio of code you've written and systems you’ve designed
- Passion for building great web applications and thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects
- Adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. Keeping our people happy is serious business!
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.