MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 16 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Event Technology team empowers all MailChimp employees to get the most out of their meeting, presentation, and remote collaboration tools, and supports them in their endeavors. This team also manages digital signage systems throughout our offices. The Event Technology team is a part of our IT group and is responsible for the technical aspects of MailChimp’s in-house events, including the weekly Coffee Hour, Tech Talks, and more. We assist with resources and set up for video conferencing and other event technology throughout the office. We handle live-streaming these events internally to MailChimp employees and externally as needed. We are also responsible for keeping MailChimp up to date with the latest tools and trends as it relates to audio-visual technology, including digital signage and collaboration between office locations.
This ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about the quality of the event while also serving their colleagues.They should have experience managing and troubleshooting corporate video conferencing systems. They strive to add production value and creativity to make the live streaming experience better. They love working on a team and collaborating with others throughout the company. They should be self-sufficient and able to analyze situations and make decisions on their own. Flexibility is essential - the demand for Event Tech services is growing so things will be changing often and rapidly - they must be open to learning new things and frequently changing environments.
- Operation of audio and video systems for live events and video conferencing
- Operation of live-streaming and recording of events and assist with the file management of content generated by live streaming and recording events
- Provide hands-on support to larger meetings and other events that require a higher level of production
- Support employees’ use of event technology throughout the office
- Assist with audiovisual equipment upgrades and testing of new solutions and equipment
- 1-2 years of audiovisual technical experience
- 1-2 years of corporate video conferencing experience with systems like Zoom, Google Meet/Hangouts, Chromebox for Meetings
- Experience with IT systems related to video conferencing
- Experience with room AV control system
- Proficiency with audiovisual equipment and computer software and systems
Bonus points for
- Experience with Wirecast streaming software (or similar)
- Experience running an audio board and video switcher
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Live events, live audio reinforcement, basic live TV production, or similar experience
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.