Director of Marketing Optimization
MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We’re looking for a Director of Marketing Optimization to join the team and manage a team-based effort to optimize marketing investments across all touchpoints so as to improve both the customer experience and business performance. This role will work to create and manage a Test and Learn lab for marketing and marketing content. The ideal candidate will have experience in similar marketing optimization, technical, and analytical domains and be a skilled collaborator who’s able work across departments and disciplines.
- Build and manage a comprehensive program for measuring, analyzing, and optimizing marketing investments across all potential customer touchpoints
- Measurements will include ability to achieve, discover, engage with, and successfully utilize key features of MailChimp, including integrations with key partners
- Work closely with the data science, customer support, and development teams to leverage existing practices as well as make recommendations for incremental investments to improve analytic capabilities
- Interact with customer support, design, marketing education and brand marketing to develop and test content based solutions for helping MailChimp customers achieve key objectives
- Provide regular updates and generate quantitative results from marketing optimization investments
- Develop new processes and practices to generate specific improvements in marketing and the overall customer experience
- Develop and track key marketing and customer experience metrics
- Build and manage a team of marketing optimization professionals
- 10 or more years experience in SAAS marketing and experience optimization (customer success or related field)
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in a technical or analytics oriented discipline
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Proven experience in generating visualizations and recommendations to senior leadership
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.