Marketing Manager, Product
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Product Marketing team bridges art and commerce to make a meaningful impact on the company’s brand, product, and business goals. And we’re looking for business leaders who want to make a meaningful contribution to our business goals in a high growth environment.
Our ideal candidate has several years of product marketing, product management, and/or consulting experience under their belt and is looking to challenge themselves by working in a heavily cross-functional, fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a highly organized and creative go-getter with excellent verbal and written communication skills who’s able to juggle a number of tasks at once. They must also have a solid working knowledge of MailChimp’s products and strong data proficiency. The marketing manager will lead cross-team projects that directly impact the company’s growth, with plenty of opportunities for leadership and growth.
- Develop and own the go-to-market strategy for one or more business lines or marketing channels
- Build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Work in tandem with Product Management to define product KPIs, measure progress towards goal, and iterate on existing product lines
- Leverage product data and customer insights to build a business case and shape the product roadmap
- Work collaboratively across teams throughout the company to assist with the creation of product marketing content based on in-depth knowledge of MailChimp’s products
- Lead day-to-day project management and act as the point of contact for teammates with questions about the product or defined marketing strategies
- Represent Marketing on cross-functional teams throughout the product development process
- Help provide tools and training to ensure alignment between Support and Product Marketing
- Maintain open communication channel between Support, Marketing, and Product teams to ensure alignment around product marketing campaigns
- Represent MailChimp at events as a product expert for face-to-face interactions
- 5-7+ years marketing experience
- Strong data proficiency
- Solid business acumen and ability to build business cases
- Experience working with creative departments
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently
- Outstanding teamwork and influence management skills
- Ability to work with leaders at all levels of the organization
- SaaS marketing and small business experience preferred
- MBA and experience in the CRM space a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.