Social Support Specialist
Department: Client Relations
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp's Social Support Team works hand in hand with our Pro Support Team to form the Procial Team. Social Support plays a large role in keeping MailChimp’s public voice and tone uniquely human, setting us apart from other Social Support teams. Our team also works closely with the Social Media Marketing team to present a united front on the various social platforms that our Customers frequent.
A Social Specialist is the public voice of MailChimp and will be responsible for monitoring our various social channels to answer questions and offer help to both Customers and general question askers. Social Specialists must possess a wide range of app knowledge and have the ability to clearly (and thoroughly) explain options, workflows, and features to new users and seasoned pros alike. Every tweet or Facebook post can be viewed by literally anyone in the world, so accuracy, tone, and attention to detail are of the utmost importance. As part of the Procial Team, Social Specialists are well versed in the Voice and Tone needed to talk with our most important and intelligent customers. They’ll help set the table for how our entire Procial Team speaks to our high touch Customers. Candidates will seek out opportunities to grow and develop skills with both Pro and Social.
- Provide timely responses to the questions and concerns of MailChimp customers on Facebook and Twitter primarily but also occasionally Google+ and LinkedIn
- Alert customers of known issues & outages using our main Twitter and Facebook accounts and manage the communication between departments (Tech Advisors, Ops, Devs, etc) in those critical situations
- Follow up with Managers, Tech Advisors and other interested parties when Support related issues arise on our Social platforms
- Connect directly with the compliance team to investigate and help resolve any compliance/abuse issues
- Keep an eye on trends, track sentiment and collect general feedback about the MailChimp application & work with development, marketing, and UX teams to address issues when necessary
- Connect directly with Marketing to identify influencers on social platforms and shape how our interactions with them are handled
- Team with Pro Support to shape the voice and tone in communications with our most important and savvy Customers
- Occasional backup in the Pro Support queue, and working knowledge of Pro features
- Driven to exceed expectations
- 2 or more years of experience in Technical Support, with at least a year in Social Support
- Proven track record of excellent written communication
- Bonus points for experience using Hootsuite and/or Zendesk
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.